The Fondazione Romualdo Del Bianco and its International Institute Life Beyond Tourism are pleased to invite you to the 2019 International Symposium “HERITAGE as a BUILDER of PEACE”, to be held during the 21st General Assembly of the Foundation’s Life Beyond Tourism Movement, in Florence (Italy), on 1, 2, 3 March 2019.
As you know, the Life Beyond Tourism Movement got its take off with the past General Assembly (March 2018). The 2019 edition “HERITAGE as a BUILDER of PEACE” Symposium marks the following milestones:
- The DiSSEMINATION of the Foundation’s “Life Beyond Tourism Movement” into and out of the Foundation’s network, to actively contribute to see the World Heritage Sites as a great opportunity for letting people meet and promoting, thus, dialogue among cultures for the growth of the international Community in Peaceful Coexistence:
“At Heritage Sites – which work for peace – heritage acquires a soul, protecting and enhancing itself and educating visitors, residents and all the actors of the travelling chain to protect all the heritage and planet Earth”.
Fondazione Romualdo Del Bianco, WORLD HERITAGE FOR BUILDING PEACE, 2018
- The PROMOTION of the Local Cultural Expressions – as artisans, local typical products makers, etc. – with the knowledge of their territory – as a great opportunity to make closer relations between visitors and local communities: an opportunity of starting a relationship of collaboration between these people on the way towards mutual understanding.
- exchange and debate on a PLATFORM between the International Community of academicians and practitioners in environment, heritage and travel with the representatives of the local cultural expressions and intangibilities.
- The LAUNCH of an APPEAL “Building Peace through Heritage” for a new way to look at Heritage Sites as a training ground for dialogue among various cultures.
- – 30th November 2018 Abstract submission email@example.com
- – 20th December 2018 Notification of the abstracts acceptance on the conference webpage
- – 18th February 2019 Full paper submission for publishing. Authors are fully responsible for the subject and formal correctness of the paper.