How can peace and conflict studies contribute to understanding the conflict dynamics in Afghanistan? And how can insights from Afghanistan advance academic research? Afghanistan showcases the potentials and challenges of peace and conflict studies.
The Summer School: Afghanistan – A chessboard of war and peace offered by swisspeace takes place from 24-28 June 2019 at the University of Basel. The application deadline is 30 April 2019.
In this course participants will:
- understand key moments of Afghan history and discuss latest developments.
- analyze key actors and main drivers of the conflict.
- assess the role of external and business actors in peace and conflict.
- focus on specific topics relevant to the Afghan context.
- exchange experiences and become part of a community of practice.
The number of participants is limited, so apply for this course now.